PSM-1™ Exam Preparation: Exam Tips and Strategies
To ace the Professional Scrum Master™ I (PSM I™) certification exam, it is important to have a solid understanding of the Scrum framework and its principles, roles, events, and artifacts. However, there are also exam-specific strategies and tips that can help you prepare and perform well on the exam.
Here are some exam tips that you should keep in mind while preparing for and taking the PSM™ I certification exam:
- Read the Scrum Guide thoroughly: The Scrum Guide is the definitive source of knowledge for Scrum. Make sure you read and understand it thoroughly before taking the exam.
- Practice Scrum: The best way to understand Scrum is to practice it in real-life situations. Make sure you have hands-on experience of working with Scrum teams and applying Scrum principles in your work.
- Take mock exams: There are various online resources available that offer mock exams to help you practice and prepare for the PSM™ I exam. Taking these exams can give you a good idea of the type of questions and the level of difficulty you can expect on the actual exam.
- Manage your time: The PSM™ I exam has a time limit of 60 minutes to answer 80 multiple-choice questions. It is important to manage your time wisely during the exam to ensure you have enough time to answer all the questions.
- Eliminate wrong answers: The PSM™ I exam has four options for each question. Read each option carefully and eliminate any obviously incorrect answers to increase your chances of selecting the correct answer.
- Answer all questions: There is no negative marking for wrong answers in the PSM™ I exam. Therefore, it is important to answer all questions, even if you are not sure about the correct answer. Make an educated guess if necessary.
Here are some exam strategies that you can use to prepare and perform well on the PSM™ I certification exam:
- Create a study plan: Create a study plan that covers all the topics in the Scrum Guide and the exam objectives. Allocate sufficient time for each topic based on your knowledge and experience level.
- Understand the exam format: The PSM™ I exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions, and you need to score at least 85% to pass. The exam is conducted online and has a time limit of 60 minutes.
- Focus on the Scrum Guide: The Scrum Guide is the primary source of knowledge for the PSM™ I exam. Make sure you have a thorough understanding of all the concepts and principles mentioned in the Scrum Guide.
- Practice with mock exams: Taking mock exams can help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and improve your test-taking skills. It can also help you identify any knowledge gaps that you need to address before taking the actual exam.
- Read the questions carefully: Read each question carefully and make sure you understand what is being asked before selecting an answer. Look for keywords in the question that can help you identify the correct answer.
- Eliminate incorrect answers: Eliminate any obviously incorrect answers before selecting an answer. This can increase your chances of selecting the correct answer if you are unsure.
- Don't rush: Take your time to read and understand each question. Rushing through the exam can lead to careless mistakes and lower your chances of passing.
By following these exam tips and strategies, you can increase your chances of passing the PSM™ I certification exam and becoming a certified Professional Scrum Master™.